Suitable for all good musicians, from rock to classical. Provides the opportunity to build on your composing, performing and listening skills.
You will benefit from the following resources and facilities:
- 2 large music rooms and 3 practice rooms in a new purpose-built building, all with pianos.
- PC computer suite running Sibelius, Cubase and Cubasis software.
- Apple Mac computer suite running Logic and GarageBand software.
- recording studio and radio studio.
- large library of books and resources.
- specialist, experienced teachers.
A mixture of practical lessons, listening and appraising and researching is used. Around half your time will be spent performing and composing. Teaching is in small groups with students heavily involved in discussion and presentation. Students need to be able to work independently and collaboratively. There is also a wide range of extra-curricular activities and support is offered in the preparation for instrumental grade exams.
Many students continue studying music at college or university. Others pursue non-musical subjects - music is accepted as an excellent basis for studying other areas.