As Assistant Headteacher one of my roles is to organise the transition and transfer of students from primary schools to Haybridge. If you have any questions or would just like an informal word with one of the student support team you are welcome to get in touch. We know that parents often feel that they are not as involved once their child goes to High School, and certainly we all want to encourage the students to develop independence, but please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any concerns – we aim to be approachable and will always do our best to resolve any problems.
All students joining us in September will spend the day at Haybridge on Tuesday 10th July from 8.45am to 3.25pm. Students should arrive in their current school uniform, they will be met at the main entrance and escorted to the quad. Parents/Carers are asked to make arrangements for safe collection of their son/daughter at 3.15pm.
Please bring with you:
- Current school PE kit
- Fully completed Policy Document Signature Sheet and fully completed Data Collection Sheet
- Packed Lunch and a snack for break time (lunches will not be available from the restaurant as we operate a ‘cashless catering’ system)
- A notebook and pencil case to include: black, blue, green and red pens, a pack of different coloured highlighter pens, pencil, pencil sharpener, eraser, ruler and glue stick
On our Info for Parents/Carers page you will find:
- lists of required uniform, including PE kit
- list of equipment required for every lesson
- information about school catering and free school meals
- information about travelling to school
- what to do if your child is absent from school